Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Well it is the start of a new school year. I cannot believe that summer is over. It seems like school just ended last week. This is always such a hard day for me. I really love having my children home to play with and this summer was really fun. Anyway, I was sad to see them go. I know that they will have a fun year and it is good for them to go, but why do they have to go? Trenton made me take his picture after school because there was so many people there and it would embarrass him. Trenton is excited to start 8th grade. He loves not being the youngest at the school. He loved that the 8th graders did not have to be at school till 10am because they let the 7th graders go a couple hours before everyone else.
Kylee loves school! She loves getting homework. I actually bought Kylee socks that say "I love School" on them. She is wearing them tomorrow. I know-what is up with her? Kylee is excited to rule the school.
Cody is just so happy all the time. He always tells me that his teachers are so lucky because they get to be with him all day. He is in a 3rd/4th grade class and I am excited about that. He also told me this is everyone middle year. Trenton is in the middle of Junior High 7-8-9. Kylee is plain in the middle of school K-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12. And, Cody is in the middle of Elementary School K-1-2-3-4-5-6. I don't know how he thinks of all this- he is always coming up with things like this. So this is our Middle year, so we have to have fun.
This is a dumb picture, but the kids wanted it posted. Every year I make a pasta dinner with ABC pasta. Then I make bread sticks in the number grade they are in. Now here is my complaint- most stores to not carry ABC pasta and I could not find it today so we went with A to Z Spaghetti-O's. The kids still loved it and that is all that matters.
The first day of school would not be complete without their First Day of School's Cakes! The kids loved their pencils with their grade on them. I am so glad that my children are so easy to make happy. Kylee told that when she has children she is going to make their first day of school just as special. Now that makes everything worth it.

3 comments:

Adrian and Danell said...

Very cute! You REALLY do ,ake their 1st day of school so special. You are such a great mom with such cute and creative ideas! And little Cody, what a little smarty pants he is! Looking good!

The Dell Family said...

Are you going to take Trenton's picture of his first day of being a senior in HS and the first day of college. I'm with Trenton that's embarrassing :) Just playing and want to give you a hard time. Mom's are aloud to me wakes every once in a while :) Great job on all the cake. VERY VERY CUTE! Happy first day of school kiddos

Brett said...

Super Cute Cakes, I'm glad there so excited I know I was never that big of smiles my first day of school, maybe my last.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online