I think it was the first time I went home as a new wife, my mom asked me to do something - to which I replied, "I'm on vacation" To which, she replied, "You are never on vacation when you come home." I have always tried to help and teach my children how important the value of work is, but more important to serve others.
Here is Trenton chopping down a tree in the back yard:
Here was Trenton's favorite thing- cutting up the trees with the chain saw. We took a walk that evening and Trenton kept spotting trees that were dead. He so wanted to cut up strangers' trees:
Here is Trenton taking out a spitzer stump:
Kylee and Cody cleaning up the branches after Grandpa trimmed the snowball bush:
Here I am putting an extra coat of stain on the picnic table:
Trenton is getting better at pushing the mower up the hill.
A big project we did was paint the retaining wall. Here we are prepping the wall:
It was hard to get all the little holes in the wall.
It turned out great:
A fun thing we did was redo the chairs in the kitchen. Here Kylee is cutting out the fabric:
I said Trenton had a blast with the chainsaw, but it was nothing compared to the fun Grandpa had with the staple gun. Te chairs have hundreds of staples in them.
Trenton's job was to put the chairs back together:
Dad is so happy with the finished project:
I have a friend who calls her children's chores - Celestial Service. I love that. My children love helping their Grandpa. They all say, "Could you imagine how long it would have taken Grandpa to so what we did today?" I love that they love their Grandpa so much. They never complain about the hard work.
1 comment:
i love the new color for the retaining wall!!! Great work kids and Kris. Dad must feel so relaxed after you leave and is on vacation at home for another year. You guys are the best!!! My kids love projects, but if you asked them to do their daily chores it's like pulling teeth. i need to figure that one out.
Post a Comment