Friday, August 5, 2011

Kylee's Dream Come True

A few years back I did a post "Dream come True." It was about the backpack trip that my boys went on with my dad. For all of them it was such a wonderful experience. Growing up I watched Wayne and Dad go all the time- I thought that is what fathers and sons did. Well, Bryce had never done that with his dad, so he was almost as excited as Trenton and Cody. Kylee and I had a blast at the house, but she really wanted to be up with the boys. For the past few years, the boys have left and Kylee and I have done things, but it was never enough. This year Bryce could not come out and meet us, so Dad decided that we should all go camping together instead of a backpacking trip with the boys. Kylee was so excited, she said her dream came true.

We found such a great campsite by the lake. Trenton and Grandpa quickly set up the tent and then we went on a hike by the lake.

Grandpa showed the kids how to find wild strawberries.

Kylee and Cody loved finding the plants by finding the red vines.


They loved their little treat. (Smallest strawberries ever, but the were good.)


It was so beautiful and relaxing by the lake:


I love the mountains!



My kids love to follow their grandpa!


Then we gathered firewood:



I love this campsite. We backed up to the lake on 2 sides. So nice!




Trenton showed off his skills starting the fire.


Everyone loved chillin' out by the fire.


And feeding the fire. We had a huge fire!

We had a lot of fun cooking hot dogs and marsh mellows around the fire.


The best part of the whole trip was sitting around the fire. We loved listening to Grandpa's Scary stories and True-Life Adventures. It was so much fun.


The next morning we got up and went fishing. Grandpa took us to a private lake. Here is Gramps fishing the river by the lake. This is where he caught his huge fish a couple of years ago. Everything was running so high, there was so much run off, and rain lately that the fishing was not good.








I was walking around taking pictures of everyone. No one had caught anything. I told Cody that he needed to slow up his reeling in the lure. I said, "Here let me show you how." I grabbed his pole and cast it out and felt a fish hit. Here is the 15 inch brown I caught. No one liked that- one cast and I caught a great fish. To make it worst- it was the only fish caught that day.


So we decided to go on the great hike Gramps took us on last year. Here we are taking a break.

What beautiful views.

My kids had so much fun.



I love being in nature with my family!



It was such a fun camping trip. I am so glad that we all were able to go on it. Kylee was right - it was a DREAM COME TRUE!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online