Monday, August 8, 2011

Fun at the Pioneer Parade

This was my third year coming to the parade and thanks to a great couple in our ward, we get these great seats in the shade. Look closely, this was the best picture I could get of President Monson- taken just before he turned the corner. We were sadly sitting on the wrong side of the street.


I love watching the handcart pioneers. What faith they had!




Another thing I love is the bagpipe band. I love to listen to the bagpipes!




Since we are a divided family - Here is the BYU float:



And the Utah Float:



I love this float depicting the "Hole in the Rock Pioneers." L love their story of faith and courage. If you are not familiar with it read it. They were awesome!



This float was different because it had a real waterfall and plants.



It was a fun day for a parade! I am grateful for those Pioneers who gave up everything, to follow a prophet so many miles, who must of looked at the Valley with only one tree in it and thought Brigham was crazy from being sick, but who settled down anyway and built this great city.

2 comments:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Loved hanging out at the parade with you. Glad you friend is so nice and lets us sit there too.

The Dell Family said...

i miss Utah for some many reasons! i like Dad's shirt

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online