
When we were in Colorado, we wanted to celebrate Grandpa's birthday so we a great party. I made my world's famous Chicken Corden Bleu. It was a fun dinner. It is always so much fun to have a "fancy" dinner and to celebrate Grandpa. It was as good as it looks. The tomatoes and cucumbers in the salad came from grandpa's garden. (before the deer at it up)

My children are the ones that really wanted to have this party. The whole time we were there they were working on writing a song for Grandpa. They wrote the music for it and the words. The beginning was set to the music of Jaws. Here is how the song went:
68 68 68 68 68 68 Grandpa is turning 68!
68 68 68 68 68 68 Grandpa is turning 68!
Our Grandpa is the best, we are very blessed!
He is been through trials and tests, that peak the mountian's crest.
68 68 68 68 68 68 Grandpa is turning 68!
68 68 68 68 68 68 Grandpa is turning 68!
Religious, Humble and True, following His Commands.
Our Grandpa is the best and we love him so.
68 68 68 68 68 68 Grandpa is turning 68. Oh, Yeah!
Grandpa does not know if he liked all of the 68s but he loved the song. He loved that the kids did it all by themselves. They really love their Grandpa and loved writing and singing him that song.

Dad opening up his big present. I wonder what it is?

Oh! It is a great camara from all 6 of his great kids. Dad really loves it. He is excited to use it.

The day ended with dad's favorite - Mom's World Famous Cherry Cheesecake.
Dad- I wish that we were there with you today but I am glad that we got to have a birthday party with you. Happy Birthday Grandpa! We love you! You are the best!
2 comments:
Great song guys!! Dinner looks good!
Yummy Dinner! I totally love those dishes too. Seeing those dishes brought back so many memories for me. I miss eating on that China Set. It's funny that little things like dishes for me haved distilled in my memory such wonderful traditions that we grew up with. I am so grateful for mom who made such great traditions for our family. I had no idea that those dishes would mean so much to me. I am totally jealous that you guys got to eat on them. I am though grateful that they are being used.
Post a Comment