
The other day Bryce and Trenton came home from Hometeaching with a whole bunch of apricots. I remember Danell telling me that she made some apricot freezer jam, so I decided to give it a try. Wow! It was fun. I felt like my great grandma Lura. She did a lot of canning in her life. I know that freezer jam is not canning, but I still felt like a old fashion homemaker. Then I thought what would go better with homemade jam than homemade bread. I know I used another shortcut by using the breadmaker, but still I made it. I timed the bread to come out of the oven when the kids came home from school. They walked in the door and smelled the bread. They thought they were in heaven. So I dished out the bread and jam and we feasted. The kids said that I was the best mom ever and that it was the best afterschool snack ever. It made it all worth it.
2 comments:
You had to show me up by making homemade bread didn't you?! I/m gald you liked it!!
Looks yummy!!!
Post a Comment