Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Mountain is Burning Up

6 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Do I have to find out from the blog that you guys died too? THAT'S BIG ACTION! You guys think you are above the law and don't need to evacuate? I can see dad like the Captain who goes down with his ship. that and just wanting front row seats to the action until to find out he's surrounded with fire. I am already thinking up comic strips with this story. Another good comic strip would be how dad could of been a hero and been the first to call 911 but decided to run errands and watch the action instead. Way to go Dad!
On a more serious note I am grateful you guys are safe and sound. I can't believe that. How sad to see the mountain all burnt up like that. I guess the few good things that come from this is next year or two or three it will be greener on the mountain. That and you guys got some exciting entertainment and a crazy adrenaline rush yesterday. It's always fun to be where the action is.

Adrian and Danell said...

Those are some crazy pictures! How exciting to be that close to a forest fire, but a little scary! That would have been to be there with all the action. I still can't believe our mountain that we grew up on is all black! I want to see it!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

So funny, that when Dad called me today, I thought the fire was still happening and I telling him to pack the car with all the pictures and his important things, and yes his 72 hour kit. Oh what, he doesn't have one. Maybe we will have to get him one for Christmas!!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

oh but then I looked at the pictures and realized the fire was over. Crazy, wish I was there to see it.

Brett said...

Wish I was there, but glad everyones ok. I agree with Tanya Dad needs a 72 hour kit.

The Dell Family said...

Well I guess dad's getting a 72 hour kit for Christmas. I guess everyone can mark him off on their list!!! ha ha

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online