8 years ago
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Work
Whenever the kids and I come to Grandpa's house we always do tons of work. It is nice to help Grandpa get so much done. In the last week we have pulled weeds, cut down trees, picked up sticks and rocks, and took out the "Bonsia Tree" on the side of the house. We needed to take it out so that we can get ladders up to paint the house.We also are doing a deep clean inside too. Between the outside and the inside Grandpa has tons of garbage! It is a lot of work, but it is all worth it when we are done. It teaches my kids the value of hard work. That is something that I feel today's kids do not get enough of. I remember growing up doing tons of work. There was the garden (at 8920 west 4th ave), building the rock wall, putting a new roof on, painting the house and so much more. I also think that it teaches my children love and service. We are able to do so much for Grandpa that would take him so long by himself. I love that me children know that they are helping their grandpa. It also feels so good to go to bed tired knowing that you worked hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are making me look bad. I went there and wanted to do something and well nothing got done. You guys are hard workers. Your kids are great.
Post a Comment