Kylee had so much fun playing in her All Star Game and she did Fabulous! (remember she loves HS musical so everything has to be "Fabulous") She really loved having so much of her family there: Casan and Brett, Danell, Adrian, Cal and Cade, and Kenneth and David, to cheer her on.
She played catcher for half of the innings and did great. Then she was pitcher and threw a couple of girls out. When she was at second she picked up a grounder and tagged the runner out. She also had a great hit and brought a girl home. (If you look at the picture of her batting, you can see her hit- well just before she hit it) It was an exciting game. We rallied in the last inning and forced an extra inning. They got ahead 3 more points and we answered back. The game ended in a tie. Kylee was the next batter up. Too bad she did not get up again. Anyway it was a great game and we are so proud of you Kylee. If you notice all the pictures of Kylee throughout the season she always has her hair in braids tied with white ribbons. They became the "magic ribbons" the good luck charm. The team thought the same thing last year. I told Kylee last year that it was her trademark. I love that it actually caught on and became her trademark. The coaches even kept them tied on the field (that was funny watching these grown men tie her ribons out on the field) and told Kylee that she had to wear them to every game. Who says you can't play tough and look "FABULOUS." The only problem I had with the All Star game was one of the assistant coaches- Bryce. All season, Bryce was at school, so he was not there. I helped Kylee's team. I helped at practice and I even coached first base most of the season. Since Kylee's team took first place in the regular season her coaches were chosen as the All Star coaches. I thought, "Wow! I get to help coach the All Stars." Bryce thought he should take my spot I guess. I still love you, Bryce, but it better not happen again! (Okay, I went to a play on the night of the practice, so Bryce went there instead. But he still managed to take my spot.)
8 years ago
3 comments:
Kylee was so fun to watch. She really is a great softball player. You go girl
That was such a fun game. glad we were able to watch it!
Oh crap Bryce you make Kristie do all the hard work and then you think you can step in. (just teasing) Crap I think I understand half of that baseball lingo. You would I would be a bit better but I don't know a thing about baseball, but I did understand that Kylee is FABULOUS! You are so awesome and I totally can see in High School being the Star Varsity Player. Keep up the hard work and you will be there in no time.
Post a Comment