Happy 4th of July. This has to be one of my favorite holidays. I love it, because I love everything that it stands for. I love the Bar-b-ques, the family gatherings, the parades (don't tell Bryce- he hates them) and the fireworks. But more important, I love this country. I love that every piece of money bears the phrase "In God we Trust." I like to read that whenever I see money and remind myself of the wonderful Founding Fathers of this Great Nation. They trusted in God as the founding this nation and had that phrase printed on the money to remind us to trust in God. If we ever stop, that is when this nation will have problems. I love all the people who gave their lives to win the war. The colonists should have never won the war looking at it through milatary eyes. They were going up against the greatest war machine at the time. But, the colonists had something the British did not- God was on their side. I am grateful for all those men who signed the Declaration of Independance. Many of them were tortured and killed, but they never waivered with their declaration. Joseph Smith said,"The Constitution of the United States is a glorious standard- it si founded in the wisdom of God- it is a heavenly banner." I am thankful for this county. This nation was founded under God's hand. I know that I must do everything in my power to keep it great. I truely love this great country. The next time that you find a lucky penny on the ground- be grateful. Read those wonderful words "In God we Trust," and know how lucky you are. God Bless the USA.
8 years ago
3 comments:
Your so on top of your blog. I love it.
Kristie could you write a little more so i can use it for my talk on Sun.? I also love the 4th!
Danell comment crakes me up :) I love what you had to say about America and I love that you have such a deep outlook on it. That was beautiful said. Maybe I will say that to someone one day and pass it off as my words like Danell. :) You're Great. I love your insights.
Post a Comment