I was talking to a friend of mine about this past Christmas and we both agreed it was one of the best one ever. What made it the best? This Christmas was all about Christ. I tried to bring Christ and the Nativity story into most all the traditions we did. (Even making cookies) It is amazing what a change this made. I always go into Christmas wanting to make it perfect- doing so much, but this season it was perfect. This year both Kylee and Cody were in their school choir. Kylee was also in a performance group. You can probably guess what part of the nativity story this relates to. Before their concerts we talked about the angels and thought about how beautiful their choir must have sounded. I must say they sounded like angels. It was also fun just sitting around singing hymns and songs in the evenings.
Cody's first performance was at the Layton City Lighting Ceremony (They had to move it inside because of the blizzard)
Here he is in the regular concert. Let me tell you that Cody did not want to sing in the choir. But, being the good mother that I am told him he WAS going to do it. Not very happy he went to his first practice. The second day of practice we were doing our nightly thankfuls- I asked Cody want he was thankful for. He responded "I don't want to say - I will write it down later" (We have a thankful journal we record thing in) I told him we do not do it like that. He finally whispered "I am thankful that mom made me join choir." After only 2 days he loved choir!
He sang some very cute songs. I am so glad he had a great time. He is looking forward to the soring choir.
Kylee's performance group performed at the Festival of Trees. It was the first time we had ever gone. It was overwhelming to me- so many trees, wreaths and gingerbread houses. Trenton thinks his Aunt Andrea should could back and decorate one. We loved this one:
Like I said there was so many trees. I took so many pictures, but decided to post just one. We like this one cause it represents our family:
Another fun thing we did as a family was join the ward choir as a family. It was nice to do that as a family. We loved talking about the angels.
4 comments:
Cody is too funny that he wanted to write his thankful down later. Sorry we missed Kylee's concert. You all look great in that last picture!
I wish you would of posted more tree pictures. Trenton is right I would love to see the Festival of Trees there. The big kids look great singing up there. It's a good thing Trenton is in the Ward Choir cause I would then ask why he's not joining any choirs since it seems like a theme going on right now.
Looks like fun!
I know that Kylee and Cody did well because they always do. I am glad they had that oppertunity. That is great. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment