Thursday, June 10, 2010

Soccer, Track and a 5K

Soccer Season The soccer season is over. Cody loved this year because his dad was his coach. That was fun. Cody loves soccer and takes it very serious!
Like I said he is kind of intense.
This was Cody's first year of playing with goalies. He loved playing keeper.

Just before his big kick.
Believe or not this game with snow was in the middle of May. It was a crazy game.
Trenton loved being a ref this year. He cannot wait till he qualified to ref competition games and make good money.


Kylee was a line judge this year. She will take the ref training this summer, so she can do it next year.

Track
I love this picture of Trenton because he actually looks like he is enjoying himself, usually he looks so intense.
There is snow in this picture as well. Crazy spring weather!
I would stand at the final turn to cheer Trenton on. I would yell and cheer, "Push Yourself!" But, in all the meets Trenton never looked like he kicked it in gear. I called my dad and had him talk to Trenton at the last meet, then I stood in the same spot and cheered and yelled- Guess What Trenton really kicked it in and passed several kids. After the race I asked Trenton about it and he said, "Grandpa told me to Push myself- so I did." Everything is better if it comes from his hero- Grandpa!
Trenton did so great this year. He qualified to go the the North End Meet. He finished in the top ten in every meet. He even tried long jump for the very first time at a meet. He wants to do that more. We look forward to next year.
The Big 5K
I have never enjoyed running, but I set a goal to run a 5K. So, when Kylee announced that her design got picked to be on the T-shirt for her school's 5K - I knew I had to enter it. Kylee, Cody and I all decided to run it. When we got there that night it started raining. We said that we would rather run in the rain than the heat - but did it have to downpour on us?
Kylee and Cody's friends wanted them to run with them, but they both said that they wanted to run it with their mom. I was glad it was raining, because no one noticed my tears. I know that my kids are getting older and they will be spending less time with me, so I am always so touched when they do. Anyway if you know where my kids' school is - you know there is a lot of hills. A lot! But, we decided that we would not stop, no walking - nothing. Just over half way there was a monster hill, I did not think I could make it up. Just when I thought I could do no more I heard my mothers famous cheer. I knew my mom was there with me cheering me on like she always did. I told Kylee and Cody who were ready to give up too that Grandma was there cheering us on. We all got the strength to go on. I am thankful for the tender mercies from the Lord. It was great to know that my mom is still my biggest cheerleader!
Here is Kylee finishing the race!
Here I am finishing! (Bryce missed Cody.)
Big Runners!

4 comments:

Adrian and Danell said...

I love that 2nd picture of Cody! Tell Trenton I can't wait for him to make the big bucks either, that way he can take out his favorite Aunt out for steak and lobster dinner! I am aslo proud of you and ky and cody for running the 5k, you guys are awesome! I can imagine mom cheering you on, what a neat experiance!

Adrian and Danell said...

Also, great job Trenton in track, looks like you got some air in the long jump!

The Dell Family said...

Great action pictures. Those are my favorite! What a neat experience and goal for the three of you!

Brett said...

Those are some fun pictures and of course activities. Great job on the 5K

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online