Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cody Gets Baptized

Here is Cody moments from his baptism. He is so excited. Just look at his big smile!

One of my favorite pictures of my childhood is a picture of me and my dad just before I got baptized. I remember how wonderful that day was and hope that Cody will always remember this day.
Stake Conferance was the first weekend in June, so the stake president moved up the baptisms a week. So, that meant that Cody got baptized on his birthday. Cody thinks the world of President Bitton. President Bitton works as the produce manager at Albertsons, and Cody from about age 3 atarted calling him the Veggie Guy, because everytime we went shopping I would always talk to him. He is always so great to the kids and even squirts the kids with his hose. Cody has brought his squirt gun to get back at him and I ended up the wettest. When Cody was about 3 we were sitting in the 3rd row at Stake Conferance, President Bitton got up to speak and Cody said not too quietly, "What is the Veggie Guy doing here?" President Bitton and him have been friends ever since. So, Cody thinks that President Bitton scheduled stake conferance so he could get baptized on his birthday and if you ask President Bitton he will tell you the same thing. Anyway it was a great birthday present.


It was great to have so many family members able to make it. We missed everyone but we understand.

Grandpa gave Cody this great tie that matches his. He also gave Trenton the samne tie when he became a Deacon.

Bryce and I are so proud of Cody. He is the sweetest, most loving boy. He has so much kindess and love in him. I am so grateful and so blessed that I am his mother.

I asked Cody what he wanted for his birthday cake this year. He told me that he wanted something churchy because he was getting baptized on his birthday. So I made this Hill Cumorah cake."The golden plates lay hidden deep in the mountain side."



Cody loved his cake, especially the chocolate trees.



Cody we are so proud of you. You made a great choice to be batized. We know that this is just the beginning of great things to come for you.

4 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Cody, We are so proud of you for choosing to be baptized. We love you and Happy Birthday

Mary Jane said...

Wow, what a cake! What are the trees made out of? You are an amazing mom!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your family. Trenton and Kylee are amazing children, I'm glad our paths crossed. I think it was meant to be in the eternal scheme of things. I needed to know your family. Hugs. I hope you have a great summer!
PS. I'm thinking of doing a little carnival for toddlers this summer. Ask Kylee if she would be interested in volunteering to run one of the booths. She'd be great.
Hugs

Adrian and Danell said...

Cody we love you! I am glad we were able to spend that day with you and your family! You are such a handsome boy!

Brett said...

Happy Birthday and what a great decision.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online