8 years ago
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Air Force Museum
Tanya, Kendra and Spencer spent the night at our house after the party. That was so much fun. The next day, I took everyone up to the Air Force Museum. That was a lot of fun. Tanya had been wanting to go for a while. The kids loved running around and looking at all the planes. The ones outside you can walk up and touch. That was fun for them. It was hard for everyone once we got inside and could not touch or cross the ropes. Spencer could not resist! They had a paper airplane contest going on. Everyone made a plane and then they throw them. I felt bad for Kendra because she had a really good flight, only it did not count. The guy said "Ready, Set, Stop" I bet she could have one with that one. Trenton ended up in the top 3 and got a certificate and a Air Force Pin. He loves the pin and has worn it everyday. Tanya kept wanting to see the F-16 since they are the planes that fly overhead everyday. It was the very last plane, but it was worth it. They look really cool from the top, usually I just get to see the bottom. It was a fun day. It helped me to remember what a great country we live in. When we first moved to Layton is was hard to get used to hearing the jets all the time, if I ever move away I will miss it. I think of them as the "Sound of Freedom." I am so grateful for all the service men and women serving our country. America is the Land of the Free, because of the Brave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a lot of fun that was. Thank you for letting us sleep over at you house. We really enjoyed it. And yes, I have been wanting to go to that museum for a long time, and finally got to. Thanks again. The kids really enjoyed spending time with their cousins.
Post a Comment