Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

Happy Halloween!


I love my cute kids. Don't they look great. Last spring when Kylee was in the play, she decided she would use that costume. Cody was leaning at being a carrot again. I thought to myself, "This is going to be an easy year. Then we went to Disney World and Cody said, "Mom can I be Mickey?" I still thought, "Easy - Mouse ears, make some quick shorts and white gloves." Then Kylee, "Mom, PLEASE PLEASE can I be Minnie Mouse?" Then I turned to Trenton, "Any chance you want to go as Goofy?" "NO WAY!" But, I wanted him to dress up for the Ward Halloween Party so this is what he did.


It took Trenton 20 minutes to get his face clean. It does not show up in the pictures good, but his hair is blue too. People either loved him or hated him!
Kylee loved her costume. It took me 4 stores to find the white and red polka dot material and then the funny thing was Hobby Lobby had 3 kinds to pick from. I love Hobby Lobby.

Cody LOVED his outfit right down to his yellow shoes. Even though I only had 2 days to make both their costumes before their parties and dances I loved making them! Because they love them so much!




Whenever I make costumes for my kids, I think of my great grandma making our costumes. I remember her dying old bed sheets black for our witch costumes. The great clown costumes and Dad's awesome Dracula Cape. He looked so AWESOME! My hope is that my kids will look back fondly at their costumes.



1 comment:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Your costumes turned out SOOOOOO SOOOO cute. I love them. That is so much fun. Good thing you are quick at making them. So glad you were able to go to DisneyWorld. Can't wait for those pictures. I have been thinking of driving up there so that we can look at pictures.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online