Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Trip to the Produce Coop

My first trip to Bountiful Baskets
So a couple of weeks ago I heard of Bountiful Baskets - it is a produce coop. It was kind of funny funny because I called my sisters (something we all do when we hear of a good deal or something new) and two of them had just about it too. This week Danell and I decided to order. When you place an order you are not sure what you are going to get. There are some other things that you can add on, but this week I just went basic (the basic is 16.50)
Kylee and Cody went with me to pick up. It was so much fun going through our baskets and seeing what we got. So here is what I got:
4 pummelos (I thought they were grapefruit but they are not. A little sweeter- I went on line to look them up)
5 Asian Pears
10 Bananas
4 oranges
9 apples
1 butternut squash
1 huge head of Romaine lettuce
10 sweet potatoes
2 bags of baby carrots
1 box of cherry tomatoes
1 celery
2 bunches of broccoli
I love the idea of the surprise element. Everything looks so yummy! I also like that we will be trying new things- Pummelos. And breaking out of our rut - I never buy sweet potatoes (I think of them as a thanksgiving thing) My kids are excited to try sweet potato fries.
I cannot wait for next week.

2 comments:

The Dell Family said...

That seems like a fun thing to do. The produce looks fantastic.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

That is fun. Hopefully I can get into the action soon.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online