Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


One of my favorite traditions is fondue on Valentine's Day. This is something that I remember doing with my parents when I was young. Anyway, always wondered why we did not do it more. Now that I have kids, I know. My kids want to do it more. I tell them that if we did it all the time it would not be as special. One thing I love is it takes so much time. It is nice to sit and just talk and eat for that long.


A fun thing Bryce and I did this year was give the kids a Heart Attack. We covered the floors and walls with hundreds of hearts. They woke up and thought it was so cool. Then we told them that their name was on the back of one of the hearts. They had to find that one to get their box of chocolates. That was so much fun. They loved it and asked if this was going to be a new tradition.







Kylee's class had a Valentine Box contest. Kylee came up with a idea to make a piano. Bryce and her worked for hours making this way cute piano! Kylee was so proud of this. Then Kylee wanted to do more. She wanted it to play music. So, they put Bryce's IPod in it with speakers set on some piano classical music. Kylee's class voted her box the "Best Overall." Kylee loved it. I loved watching her and Bryce work together. I also love to encourage my children to be creative.
Now here is my problem. I have to store it now, because none of my "pack rat" children (Who take after their Aunt Tanya*) can throw anything away. I take pictures of things but they think we need to kept everything.
*Growing up, my sister Tanya was the biggest pack rat ever! She would carry around this huge green bag full of "Stuff" (junk), then when she would sit to watch TV or something she would empty the bag and make a ring of stuff around her. Mom used to always give her a hard time.
Now that I told something about Tanya, I feel the need to say sorry to her. I will tell something about me. Tanya and I shared a room when we were little. Tanya's side of the room was always clean (because everything was in that huge green bag) but my side was not. When we had to clean the room, I would always shove everything under Tanya's bed so she would be the one that got in trouble. Tanya would always have to clean my messes. Sorry Tanya I love you. You are one of my very favorite pack rats!





4 comments:

Adrian and Danell said...

Great box Kylee! I love fondue too!

The Dell Family said...

I thought I already commented on this post but I guess I didn't. But WOW what a cool Valentines box Kylee. You are very creative. I love it. Decorating my Valentines Box was one of my very most favorite things to do, but I never made anything that cool before. GREAT JOB.

The Dell Family said...

ONe more comment. I love the fondue thing. I wish I was there to enjoy the fun. Is that tulips in the background? if so I love it. I faintly remember it being a yearly tradition but maybe not. Anyway glad you guys had a fun time.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I love that idea. I will have to do that with my kids. If ever I would stop being so lazy.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online