Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl and Superkids

My kids asked what we were doing for the Superbowl. I said that we were just staying home and watching as a family- nothing big. I told them that I was fixing meatball sandwiches because you have to have some party food. Kylee asked me if she could help because I always do fun things and she needed to learn so she could throw good parties like her mom. That made me smile. So I let her do this. She also made tortilla rollups but we forgot to put them into the picture. She loved making everything but her favorite was the football field 7 layer dip. She mixed most of the 7 layers with the beans and then spread the guac on top. She loved making the sourcream field lines and the olive football. She is ready to start planning her next party. Trenton and Cody came in and saw it and ohh and ahhed over it. Then out of no where Trenton came and gave me a huge hug. He said,"Mom thank you for always making me feel special. I love it when we have parties with family and friends and you do so much but I really love it when you do so much for just us, because it makes me feel extra special. " I almost started crying okay I did a little. When I had children, I always wanted them to feel that they were the best things in my life because they are. Everything I do, I do for them. I am glad that they do know how much I love them and how special they are to me.

I had to include this picture because I love olive fingers and I have never gotten to take one of my own children because they are all like their dad and they HATE olives. So anytime I can get a picture of my nephews or nieces with olive fingers I take it. Now I know what Casan is thinking, "There is Cal with his shirt off." Here is the thing: anytime you call Cal to the table for any meal or even a snack he strips down to his diaper. You just have to go with it and turn the heat up a little.






2 comments:

Brett said...

Way to go Kylee, Of course no shirt on Cal doesnt surprise me, and its just not when he eates

Adrian and Danell said...

I think you are a great mom and you throw awesome parties for your family all the time! My goal is to be more like you! I know how Trenton feels, I remember when we moved to AZ and you threw us a party, I remember feeling pretty special thinking that you went to all this work for me and Adrian! Thanks again!
Oh and yes both my kids love olives, nasty!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online