Kylee just finished her Images of Greatness at school. This is such a fun program that they do in the 5th and 6th grade spectrum program. The kids pick someone from history that they think made a positive contribution to society. They research their lives, dress up like them and preform the bio-riddle that they wrote about the person. The students also make a board all about the person. As you can see, Kylee choose Laura Ingalls Wilder. (This was our 3rd year. Trenton did it twice.) Anyway, in the beginning, Kylee told use how she invisioned her board. Bryce and I figured out how to do it, then Kylee went to work. She loved sewing the wagon top and building the wagon. It was fun to watch her work so hard and the finished product was so cool. Like I said, I am bragging - but Kylee's board was the best. Everyone loved her huge time line and the pictures and, of course, the covered wagon. I am very proud of all the work. I also thought she was the cutest student there in her costume I made her. Yes it had to be purple! Kylee's teacher mentioned that she wanted buy the board to show to the students next year, but Kylee does not think she wants to give it up. (She may let her borrow it, though. She said, "People should see how do do it." Okay Kylee was bragging a little, too.) Kylee loved this and says she cannot wait to do it all over again next year.
Cody's class also just finished a big project. His class hosted the Book Character Convention. All the students had to dress up like one of their favorite book characters. Cody choose "Jack" for the "Magic Treehouse" series. In the books Jack and his sister Annie travel through time when they read books in the Magic Treehouse. Cody choose the "Dinosaurs before Dark"
book. He had to write a little speech, trying to get everyone excited to read the book. He did a great job. He had everything memorized and had so much expression. He was by far the best one. (Remember I told you I was not holding my bragging back) He also had to be the cutest one.
Now to Trenton. Trenton was selected Student of the Month for October. In a school with 1577 students that is not an easy task. He is in Junior High and is taking the IB program by the horns. He loves everything about it. At parent teacher conferences everyone had the highest remarks about Trenton. Trenton has always stood out. He had a teacher tell me that he had to be the perfect student and her favorite in all her years of teaching. Trenton is not just smart (straight A's on his report card) but he is an all around great student (straight Honors in citizenship). His teachers say that he has outstanding ability and is a positive influence on others. I have always been pround of Trenton and I know that their are great things in store for him. Keep up the good work.
Okay, if you have made it this far and, to quote my dad, "have not thrown up all over the computer," way to go. I am finished bragging about my wonderful children, for now.
3 comments:
Those three kids are definetly something to brag about Kris!
Kylee awesome job. You are going to be a fantastic semstrist like your mom. I love the poster. Great Job
Cody you look adorable in your outfit. I am so proud of you being such a great reader and hard worker. Keep up the hard work.
Trenton. I wouldn't expect nothing less from you. You are amazing. Never take for granite the intelligence that you have. That's a talent that you have so use it and go far for it cause the only regret that you will have in life it that you didn't' take advantage of your talents.
Love you all and keep up the hard work!
Kylee's project WAS amazing-you have every right to brag on her. I think your great kids owe at least a little of their greatness to their fantastic mom!
I would brag to if I had your kids, you and Bryce have done a great job with them!!
Post a Comment