8 years ago
Monday, October 6, 2008
General Conference
Conference weekends are some of my favorite of the year. I love listening to the latter day prophet and apostles
. I love the spirit that it brings to our home. I love hearing the words of my Father in Heaven has for me. This year we went and spent Sunday with Tanya, Jared, Kendra and Spencer. It was fun, and watching it on the big screen was like having them in the room. My kids always enjoy spending time with their cousins. Here are all of them listening to conference playing BINGO. I loved so many talks, but I have to say my favorite was Elder L. Tom Perry's talk he gave Saturday morning. He started out quoting Robert Browning, "The best is yet to come." That gave me so much comfort, I thought about my mom. She has been on my mind a lot with her birthday. It is hard, but in my heart I know that he is really at the "best" part. He went on to talk about the walks his sick wife and he would take on Waldon Pond. Waldon Pond is where Henry David Thoreau went to simplify his life. Elder Perry talked about the things that Thoreau said was all you need in life - Food, Clothing, Shelter and Fuel. I know that I am like so many people and think that I need so much. I want to take Elder L Tom Perry's challenge to "earnestly seek to simplify our lives." and build my supply of "Spiritual Fuel." I am so thankful that I was able to fill my lamp with "spiritual fuel" this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed conference. But its not like you would say it sucked anyway would you :) I liked that talk too. It was good to hear a philosopher quoted. Man philosophers rock huh? Anyway have a good week I am off to ponder life the universe and everything.
I must have missed that one, I will have to watch it (good thing we recorded it) my kids didn't sit still like all of the kids in your pictures! Glad you had a good time!
That was a lot of fun having you down. Spencer just told me earlier about how he won at Bingo. Thanks for making it fun for my kids as well.
Post a Comment