At the beginning of the summer our family made a list of some summer activities that we wanted to do. Like going to Grandpa's (then camping and fishing) Danell's house (boating and other fun) other stuff was picnicing, BBQing with family and friends, going out for ice cream, the fair - well you get the picture. One thing the kids wanting to do was go hiking at least 10 times. It was fun being out in nature with my kids and talking. A lot of the hikes we did was the trails Trenton ran for cross country - he wanted to show us why he always came home tired on Fridays and Saturdays- 4 to 8 miles of steep stuff.
I was not adding much to the list but in the end I added the biggest and longest one. I wanted to play all of our games. I love games, but I never knew how many we had. Our list started with a 126 games but then Cody got a new one, and the kids found decks of cards or games in their rooms and we ended up with a 146 games!
This was one of the funniest things I have done with my kids. There was games I have not played for the longest times, games the kids had never played because they were too young, I learned new card games and so on. We would play at least game every afternoon and then one in the evening. We played at the kitchen table, on the floor, at the park, waiting for fireworks, on the outside table and everywhere in between. We spent hours together (I was going to say with no electronics but that is not true we have a couple of scene it dvd games). But for the most part hours just playing and talking. I learned a lot about my kids and had the best summer ever.
8 years ago
2 comments:
I don't think that those all fit in the closet! Or do they. That is fun!!!
Is it just me or is that a lot of games LOL.
Post a Comment