I have never been out to Kennecott, and last year when Tanya and her family went there we decided we needed to. So, off we went. I was amazed by a huge hole in the ground. I just sat there forever looking at it.
Here we are approaching the mine:

I did not get a good picture (
camara problems) but here we are in front of the mine.

These tires were awesome. They cost 25,000 and each truck needs to have them replaced yearly with 6 tires it is $125,000 just in tires. Cody wanted to get in it, but sadly it was sealed.

Looking at different minerals under the microscope- it was really awesome!

Here the kids next to the finished product:
It was a fun way to spend a few hours. Trenton and Cody loved earning the Cub Scout and scout badges.
2 comments:
COOL! Kris when I looked at the first picture I thought you were one of the kids. It wasn't till I blew it up that I recognized you! Like I always say, "YOu look amazing!" HOpefully you don't get sick of me telling you that.
That is awesome that you went. I would have loved to have seen one of those trucks up close because it is just crazy how big the tire is. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment