Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We will miss you

My great Uncle Arnold passed away last month. I could not even believe it. I had talked to him the week before, and I had sent him a letter the day before he passed away. For some reason that was so hard for me, that he did not read my last letter, if only I had called. But, I really can not say I have any regrets. Bryce and I have brought our family here every year. (sometimes Bryce could not make it so he just had us go) It was something that was so important to us. These picture were taken just a month and a half before he passed away.


My Uncle Arnold is one of the best people I have ever known. When I married Bryce I was amazed at how big his family was. Mine was so little, (I mean tiny) but Heavenly Father gave me the best ones. When I was little, I thought Uncle Arnold was the strongest man ever. I saw him work so hard. He was a great story teller. But most important he was the most patient and kind man that I know. When I was little the 6 of us kids were crazy to stay the least. We stampeded his cattle, rode his fat pigs til they were skinny, tore up his hay bales racing on them, got into everything! But, he never got upset! I mean never! He just loved us being there. I hope someday I can just say after the cattle have been stampeded, "Well, tomorrow we will have to go get them back."

Now my uncle lived a great life. He was 93 3/4 years old. He did not even look it! And to think he was outside everyday of his life with no sunscreen!

I will miss him so much! But, that is the selfish part of me. I know that he lived a great life. It was so hard to see him in the nursing home. I know that he is so much happier with his parents and brother.

Here are some pictures from his funeral. It was kind of funny to see them load the casket into the car and drive 20 feet over the cemetery. See the white church behind them.

Pall Bearers: Jack, Jerry, Wayne, Bryce, Brett and Jim:

I loved the red flowers, but my favorite was the wheat in it. Just what my uncle would have wanted.

His three nephews:

The family:

I love this picture. My dad and most of my siblings. I so wish that Andrea could have been there.


Uncle Arnold - I will miss you greatly. Thank you for giving a lifetime of wonderful memories for me and my family.

1 comment:

The Dell Family said...

That post made me cry. Thank you for posting some of your pictures of the funeral.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online