Friday, June 10, 2011

Pictures from the Farm

Even though the reason that we all went down to the farm was not the happiest, we did manage to have a lot of fun. I do believe it was the largest group ever to visit. I could just imagine my great grandparents, August and Sophia, my grandpa, Ruban and of course my great Uncle Arnold looking down from heaven with big smiles on their faces. They loved seeing so many of their posterity having fun. We all loaded up in the pickup and went out to the pond to try to catch frogs.The great frog catchers setting off.


Here are the mommies with the cute girls:


Here is Caders walking through the water:





Cody and Cal. Cody felt the need to go swimming:





Here is a mean snapping turtle Bryce caught:


Uncle Wayne caught some frogs down at the pond. Caders loved them:


But maybe not as much as Cody:


Cody's looking for his princess:


Uncle Wayne also caught some turtles. Here is the nicest one. The kids enjoyed playing and watching it:



The kitchen inside the farmhouse is small, and fixing food for this many people is hard enough so we had a hot dog roast outside:


Everyone had a blast. It was so much fun roasting hot dogs out in the barnyard.


The kids playing in the green machine:





Tanya and Peyton hanging out:



I think Bella is so pretty, but I had so much fun styling her hair with the sunscreen in it.




I love watching my kids with their little cousins. I love this picture of Trenton- I think it captures his love for Bella.


Grandpa went out and fueled up the tractor so everyone could have a ride.



Danell and Bella:



Grandpa and Cal:


Grandpa put Peyton to sleep:


Grandpa and Bella: Cody and Me:





Cade and me:


Danell and Kylee:





We spent a lot of time on the porch talking and some how it lead to this:



Here is Bryce:Danell has great form:

Kylee so wanted to do it. She tried on the side of the pond and it was iffy. I told her I would take her to the hospital if she did not make it. After a long time she finally went for it:






One of the problems at the farm is the water pipes.When we were little we overwhelmed them and the toilet would back up. So, we have learn not to let too much water go down the drain. There is bowls in the sink to catch hand washing water and dish water. The outhouse gets used a lot. But, everyone does need to bath once in a while.


Here is Trenton trying not to get to cold:


Wayne seemed to love the cold water:


Us, girls were not quite as into as Wayne. Lots of screaming and hurrying up.



The last night Wayne wanted to take a bath:



We all thought is was so much fun. I love these pictures:












We had a great time with everyone. It would be fun to do it again next year!

2 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Wayne is always so creative. I love him. I love these pictures made me wish I was there. KRistie you are probably so tired of me saying this -but you look fantastic! As for Cody- Did you really just kiss a frog? YUCK!! LOL. Kylee-I'm super happy your mom didn't have to take you to the hospital. Bryce-Way to catch the big turtle YIKES and to think the kids were in the lake. And Last but not least-Trenton you have always had such a caring loving heart. It's one of my very favorite things about you!

Love and miss you all!

P.S Kristie how's that for a comment? ; )

Adrian and Danell said...

LOve your pictures of the farm! Cody is so crazy for him kissing the frog. That was a crazy fun time!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online