Coloring Eggs
I was so happy when Adrian called me up and asked if they could come up for Easter. I loved having all their crazy family at my house. They got up from St George Saturday Night and we went to work coloring eggs.
Bella loved playing with the plastic eggs. It was fun to watch her crawl after them when they rolled away.
Little Caders is always so fun to watch. He loves dyeing eggs.
And his little hands:
Bryce is always thinking up fun masterpieces:
It is fun watching my little girl grow up. She loves picking out outfits to wear and shopping (We were forever trying on dresses when shopping for her Easter Dress - see below) Anyway she came out of her room thinking she had the perfect outfit to dye eggs.
Trenton takes his Easter Eggs very serious.
Cody loves to color eggs. He takes his time and creates wonderful eggs. This year he was so cute. I assigned everyone their amount of eggs. Of course Cal and Cade were quick with their eggs so Cody said they could take some of his. That night I told him I was proud of him - how I know he looks forward to coloring lots of eggs. He said mom I love my cousins more and it was fun to watch them. But, he asked me if next year he could have more eggs. He is such a sweet boy. (By the way in the back are my alpine trees that I love to decorate all year. The first thing Cade asked was way we had up Christmas trees and why their was eggs and carrots on them.)
Cal is so super cute. One thing that amazed me was he knew who did what egg. On the egg hunt he would shout out, "Trenton I found your egg." "Kylee this your egg."
Now before we started I divided up all the eggs. The kids each got a dozen and the adults split the last dozen (6 dozen total). Danell loved being a kid and dyeing the eggs.
I left to go play with Bella and what happens - Danell dyes my eggs! Come on Danell - I only got to do one!
Here are all the fun eggs. Looks great!
The Hunt
I love watching Egg Hunts. It has just been in the last couple of years that my kids are actually fast. I have watched some slow hunts. Watching Cade was funny. At first he was not sure, but then he got more into it. The problem was he would see an egg across the yard and step or pass by 10-15 eggs getting there.
Trenton does not think he should be the last one out. Trenton is in the process of starting his braces. He has spacers in his mouth getting ready for the stretching appliance. His mouth needs to be stretched 7 mm. Ouch! Then hopefully he can get his braces on this summer. So, here was want was so funny. Trenton found tons of plastic eggs, but the majority he found had money in them, not the candy he cannot eggs because of the spaces. The candy ones he did find had chocolate or smarties both he can eat. He only found 2 with jelly beans. Cody did not think it was fair he wanted more money.
Cody was crazy and found the most eggs 89! You can only see the top of it but Cody insisted on carrying his inflatable carrot with him. What is it with Cody and Carrots.
Kylee was so funny. She kept stopping to watch her cute cousins.
I loved Cal going down the slide trying not to slip any eggs.
Little Bella only found one egg, but she was so cute!
I loved fixing a fun brunch. Here is Kylee with her empty tomb rolls. You can not see it very well but the roll is hollow inside. Just like Christ's tomb.
Here are Kylee and I showing off brunch. We had eggs in nest, fruit, bacon wrapped eggs, devil eggs, egg salad sandwiches, rolls and juice. So yummy!
Cody and Kylee made these cute hash brown nests with scrambled eggs in them.
Then it was off to church. Kylee loved her Easter outfit.
Easter Dinner
I loved the table for Easter. Here is what every ones place looked like. Kylee and Cody made cute chowmein noodles nests. Cal helped them put jellybeans and peeps in them. Bryce folded all my little bunny napkins.
We borrowed some tables and chairs from our friends so we could all be together. We were so sorry that Milly was not feeling well. Casan brought her food and made plates for them. We missed you so much!
Cody loved making these cute bunny tail rolls.
Everything turned out so yummy. Thanks Everyone!
This was such a fun Easter, but my favorite part you cannot see. We study the Savior's last week of his life on the week before Easter. We have done this for several years now, but this year was the best. Everything was all so great. But, I loved Thursday and Friday the best where we talked about Christ's Atonement and Death. It is so great to have such deep discussion with my kids. We devoured and feasted upon the scripture, asked questions, bore testimony. I am thankful that my Savior and His great love for me!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for the great Easter holiday! You guys sure know how to throw a party! And I already told you sorry about the eggs- i thought they were Adrians- but serioulsy 3 eggs! HAHA
Post a Comment