Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby Blessings

Well all three of my cute new nieces have been blessed. I was so excited to be able to be at each one. I have always felt guilty to have been the only girl who my mother was able to see get married and have their first baby. But, it has given me memories of helping each of my sisters in the temple when they were getting married, that I will never forget. (Again, I seem to get the better deal) When Tanya was having her first baby I wanted to do something special for them. After a long time pondering and praying I knew I needed to make them blessing blankets. I really did not know how to crochet and read a pattern. So, of course I pick a difficult advance pattern for my first one. I have to thank one of my dear friends Michelle who helped my through those first couple ones. Helping me read the patterns and figure out the stitches. I cannot even imagine the hours, days, weeks, months I have spent making them. But, I did it because I love those babies and my beautiful sisters so much. I think the reason that I felt that I needed to make blessing blankets was they are beautiful. It is not something you use everyday. It is just special and beautiful just like each of the babies wrapped in them. I also want them to know that I spent hours making their blanket just for them, because I love them all so much. I know that nothing will ever take the place of their Grandma but I hope that each one of my nieces and nephews know that I have felt at different times Grandma and Great Great Grandma Lura with me as I have crocheted these blankets. I have been greatly blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Peyton Lee was blessed first on the fourth of July. Tanya had a great brunch with a lot of family. It was so much fun. Then she hosted the Dittbrenner family for the rest of the day. She just rolls with everything. We had a great Bar-B-Que and fun fireworks. What a Great party Peyton had. We missed Casandra and Brett who were still in the hospital with cute Baby Milly. Milly Pearl was blessed on August 1 after an exhausting family reunion. Casandra outdid herself with her brunch. Everything was so beautiful and to think we had just been camping. Casandra you are amazing!
Bella Sandi was blessed on Sept 5. Danell and Adrian were hoping to have his dad in from New Zealand, but that did not happen so she was the last to be blessed. It was fun to have so many of us down in St. George that weekend. Danell had a super lunch.
Just before we left for California, Cody HAD to have his picture taken with all the babies. He wants a framed copy in his room.
Here he is with (Starting on the left) Bella, Peyton and Milly:
Then of course Kylee needed her picture:
And Trenton needed his:
I am so thankful to have such beautiful nieces.
I cannot want till my next niece or nephew in April!

3 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Looks like you guys have been having so much fun. I was and still so sad I couldn't have been there. I feel like the moment I left all the Dittbrenner Partying began.

I love all the blankets that you made my girls. What a wonderful keepsakes they are.

Adrian and Danell said...

You shouldn't feel guilty! We are so lucky to have you as our big sister! I love the blankets that you have made for all of my babies! Thanks so much!

Brett said...

I love Millys blanket and know she loves it too. You did great and Thanks.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online