Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pioneer Day

We had a great time at the Pioneer Day Parade (this celebrates the Pioneers entering Utah on July 24, 1847) this year. I was in Colorado and brought my dad back so he could see it for the first time. I got down early, but my spot was taken over by a TV station for their employees. By awesome luck, Bryce saw a family from our ward who saved a huge section for his family. He said that all 14 of us could join him. He had awesome seats! There was chairs and spots on the street and they were all in the SHADE! Dieter F Uchtdorf was rode in the parade. I love him and it was nice to see him up close! I love how a member of the First Presidency rides in it.

Here are the kids, Grandpa and Tanya (Baby Milly is back with her mom and dad in the chairs)
The theme for this year was "Now and Then" I love how people do such awesome floats.

I love this one. It said "Turning trials into treats" It showed the Seagulls eating the crickets. But, what I loved was the saying. We have know that our trials our for our good. But I love that the idea of turning them into "Treats" What a great attitude!

The title of this one was "Rescuing God's children now and then"
The front showed the Pioneer Handcart Rescue at Sweetwater, the back showed all the work the LDS Humanitarians Effort does all over the work. They are some first at any disaster.
My dad love this "Recreation Now and Then" Fishing has always been around. The fish was so awesome.

This one made me think of Andrea. On the front was a GPS - showing the temple - on the back was the Liahona (this guided a group of people in the Book of Mormon)
After the Parade we went to Gateway to cool off:
Kylee and Trenton swing Kendra in the water.

Peyton needed cooling off too.
The gang.
Dad and his oldest daughters.
Bryce had to get wet too.
This is Kendra, Kylee, Cody and Spencer really getting blasted.
Cody was the only one that lasted.
A great way to cool off after a hot day!
We ended the day at the Riders in the Sky Concert. It was fun. The best part for me was when they sang "Water" and "Ghost Riders in the sky" Because my dad sang those songs when I was little. My kids loved the songs from Toy Story. It was a great ending to a fun day.

2 comments:

The Dell Family said...

I love all the pictures. I'm glad a GPS as you think of me : ). I miss those parades and forget how nicely decorated those floats are. It's even better when you get AWESOME SEATS IN THE SHADE

Adrian and Danell said...

Someday maybe I will see that parade, it looks like a fun tradition you have of going to the parade and then to gateway!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online