Here is a baby update. Milly in the green dress (8 weeks) Peyton in the middle (4 months) and Bella in pink (3 1/2 months). They are all so cute and fun to be around.
Here is the Birthday Boy!
I asked my dad the other day if he was having a problem turning 70. He said it was hard, he would rather still be in his sixties. I know it is not my birthday, but it has been difficult for me. I cannot believe that my dad is 70. I want him to be that young guy that can do anything. Don't get me wrong my dad amazes me. He is great shape for any age. Heck he just finished a backpacking trip with my boys. But, it does make me think. Why do we have to age? Also, if my dad is 70 it means I am getting older too!
"I love the tickle monster!"
Here is the card from my kids. They loved it because it kept opening up and up until it was a huge card - because they think he is great. My kids are excited about Grandpa's present- They are taking him to California!
Here Dad is reading "70 things we like about you" from the Dell family. It was cute want they had to say. We missed them a lot at the party.
I guess great minds think a like. Here is my gift decorated paint can with "70 things I love about you." for my dad. It was such a fun thing to do for him. I loved thinking of all the reasons I have the best dad in the world.
When Grandpa turned 68 my kids wrote an original song for his birthday. It did start out like the Jaws theme song "68 68 68 68 68 That's great" Now it has become a tradition. This year they wrote it to the tune of Grandpa's favorite song "Ghost Riders in the Sky."
Trenton loved learning to play this song for his Grandpa.
Here is the sugar-free cherry cheesecake for Dad and the cute cupcakes for everyone else. Casandra made them. Tanya's house looked great all decorated for the party. Danell did the name game with people from the movies and shows Grandpa loves. By the way I was the first one to get mine. I was Frank Miller from the movie "High Noon!" Way to go Krisola!
We love to spend our time with him- He is our special friend.
He plays hand and foot with no mercy- he beats one and all.
He has hiked the rugged hills and down the rocky paths.
Yi-pi-yi-ay Yi-pi-ay-o
Grandpa is seventy
Trenton's solo: When Gramps and I are on a team we never can be beat.
Cody's solo: He takes me fishing every year so I can catch his bait.
Kylee's solo: I like to cuddle with my Gramps; I am his blue eyed princess.
All: Gramps we love and admire you. Happy Birthday to you!
Yi-pi-yi-ay Yi-pi-ay-o
Grandpa is seventy"
It always amazes me how creative they are each year. I was a little shocked when I heard Cody practicing his. Because Him and Grandpa are always teasing each other about catching each other's bait. He said "That is my special birthday present to him." I love that my kids all have a great relationship with their Grandpa. My mother's dad died before I was born and my dad's dad died when I was 2. When my mom died when Trenton was about 2 I vowed that my children would know their Grandpa something I never got the chance to do. I feel blessed everyday that they have great memories with Grandpa.
2 comments:
Thanks for filling me in with the party. Me and the kids were so sad we couldnt' be there. The girls didn't understand why we spent all this time making his present and they couldn't give it to him themselves.
I'm glad he was able to go out for that.
I am so glad he came for his birthday! It was so fun, I loved the kids song they wrote and sang and played-so talented!
Post a Comment