Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Rest Of Our Fun Trip To the Farm

Yes I had to stop on the side of the road to take this picture of the Haunted House. I have always loved seeing it, okay maybe when I was little it scared me.
A storm blew one of the huge barn doors off of the barn. We worked so long to get it up. Grandpa was in the tractor lifting it up, Bryce was calling out directions, Trenton was relaying the directions and I was lifting up the one side and making sure it did not fall.

After many hours we finally got the door up. That was work. One of the pulleys that dad and Bryce fixed did not want to go in. We finally got it up and secured it in place.
The barn door was not the onlything the wind destroyed. The yard was littered with branches. Here is Grandpa cutting some of them up.
There was a few that were broken that needed to be cut off the tree. Bryce thought this was alot of fun.

Here is Trenton loading up the branches, I should say twigs, in the tractor.


Here Bryce is pulling out a dead tree to the pasture.

Kylee and Cody could not get enough of catching frogs. I am sure it was a time like this tha the picked up the tic.

Kylee is so proud of the frog she caught.


What a great frog!

The barns look so good all painted up.

I remember a few time loading the pigs in the truck with this. I remember Uncle Arnold telling me to slap the pigs butts to get them to move up the ramp.


Fun in the Green Machine!


It is fun to watch my kids play the same games that I did. They love playing in the Green Machine!


I still love playing in the Green Machine with my kids.
I love this picture of my kids!

Grandpa thought it looked like a nice place too.

Here Cody is relaxing. They had an intense game of tag going.

Thanks Uncle Arnold for letting us come down to the farm. It is great that my children get to play and run wild at the same place that I played and ran wild, Grandpa played and ran wild, their great grandpa and even their Great, Great Grandma played and ran wild. There is not a lot of children who can play with that much history. We had a great time and cannot wait to go back.

3 comments:

Adrian and Danell said...

Those are great pictures and great memories to go along with them. It is neat that your children will be able to remember the farm and Uncle Arnold! Hopefully mine will too!

Brett said...

Im glad you were able to go looks fun

The Dell Family said...

I love that you got a shot of the Haunted House. What a wonderful memory. A great marker to keep things exciting on the road.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online