Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St Patrick's Day

We had so much fun with St. Patrick's Day this year. For dinner we had corned beef and cabbage along with some FUN food.

The kids love my Shamrock rolls, but the real hit of the night was my RAINBOW fruit kabobs with the POT of GOLD underneath.



Bryce made Shamrock pancakes for everyone for breakfast.



The kids are always amazed at my magical green milk. Cody wants to see it over and over. I pour it white from the carton but somehow it turns green. I guess Leprechauns are not the only ones who can do magic!




















The kids loved looking for the four leaf clovers throughout the 100 three leaf ones. When the found it they got a rainbow that the leprechaun had left for them. Bryce and I also gave them a small Bag of Gold (gold foil wrapped rolos) with a card attached saying how LUCKY we are to have them for children.
We also had a family home evening about the history of St Patrick's Day. How St Patrick used the shamrock to teach the Irish people about the Godhead. We also talked about finding real treasure in life - the scriptures, our family and so much more. It was a fun lesson.

We actually had our big dinner Monday night because Bryce and Trenton were going to the Jazz game with Trenton's Jr. Jazz team. So I made Kylee and Cody a Pot of Gold for dinner. I love this bowls. They were salsa bowls but I think they look cute for a pot of gold.
I am really blessed to have all the treasures that I have. I am rich in the stuff that really matters!




2 comments:

Brett said...

I wish we could have partied with you. HINT HINT. Looks fun and great

Adrian and Danell said...

wow you went all out! I kindof forgot about it here, we were in the middle of moving and packing that we didn't even wear green. I know pretty pathetic especially next to your grand holiday!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online