If you did not hear, Davis County got hit by a huge wind storm on Dec 1. Lucky for us, we did not sustain much damage. Even more lucky Kylee's school was called off that day and everyone had the next off. So, Kylee and I was home alone and I decided to make this Advent Calendar. You cannot really tell in the picture but there are little tin boxes each with a number on it. When you pull off the boxes there is a special message written. Inside the boxes is a paper that I write what fun Christmas Activity we are doing that day. It is nice because I can change it up everyday. Sometimes they are big activities and sometimes they are smaller ones such as work on the Christmas puzzles and drink hot chocolate, play "Don't Eat Santa," sing carols around the piano or watch a Christmas show. All my kids love to open up the boxes and see what we are doing, especially Cody. I love that Kylee was home to help me make this fun advent.
Every year I have wanted to go to Zoolights and this was the year. We had a blast. My family loved the deep fried s'mores we bought. It was fun to explore the zoo at night and I loved that it was not even busy.
When I saw this one, I totally thought of my nephew Cal. Every time I take him to the zoo, he loves the peacocks, when I buy him a postcards he always wants the peacock one, when I have taken him on the merry-go-round you guessed it- he rides on the peacock. So- this one is for you CAL:
This was my family's favorite. Here the bear comes up to the skunk:
My kids were rolling on the ground at this point.
Gotta love the bear's face.

Did you really think I would not get a picture of the penguins?
We loved this. Nothing says Christmas quite like a lion taking down a gazelle.
We had a great time visiting with Santa.
The Elzingas came up and we had fun putting together graham cracker houses. Cody had a wind storm that totally took out his first house and then partially took out his second.
Jared helped finish up Peyton's. She could not understand why some one would want to waste candy by putting it in the house. When Tanya would come to help her, she would cover up her candy and look at Tanya like - you are not getting this.
Spencer was so cute. I loved him always calling my over to show me his creation. He his so creative.
Kendra's house was so fun. I love the smiley face on her roof.
Cody broke the front of his house. I mean the wind toke out the front of his house. So he decorated inside. I love his Chimney with a cinnamon Santa going down it.
Kylee loves to make the roof and cobblestone walk way.
Don't think Trenton's house is so cute. Santa is falling off the roof and Zombie gingerbread are attacking the house.
Here was another fun evening spent downtown. The kids love picking out candy for a treat. What a fun candy display.
We love going into the pavilion and having cookies, hot chocolate, warming up by the fire and visiting with Santa Claus.
1 comment:
WOW you guys are having blast!!!! Merry Christmas
Post a Comment