Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Trenton's Eagle Court of Honor

I am so proud of Trenton. He is an excellent young man. His latest achievement- receiving the rank of Eagle Scout. We could not be any prouder. This was a long way in the coming. But, finally the day arrived, and what happens - I have an allergic reaction to some medication! An hour before the court of honor I am on the couch with a 103 fever. But, then my dad and husband give me a blessing. I was able to get ready, go there and enjoy the night, but as soon as it was over I was out of it again. I did not get out of bed for days! To me it shows me how much my Father in Heaven loves me. Well to the Court of Honor:
This is the Flag Ceremony. The American flag that was used was flown over the Utah Capitol earlier that day in honor of Trenton:
Here I am pinning Trenton's Eagle on him.
Here is Trenton pinning the Mother's Pin on me:
And Trenton pining on Bryce the Father's Pin:
Trenton is putting the Special Eagle Neckerchief:
Here is Trenton taking the Eagle Scout Oath:
Here is Trenton sitting in his Eagle Nest:
We had someone from the Mormon Battalion come and speak. Trenton is related to two people that served in the Battalion.
They presented him with a neat slide:
Salute:
Trenton loved the support that so much of his family showed him. He received lots of well wishes from family and friends who could not be there. He was glad that so much family and friends could be there.
Here is Aunt Casan, Uncle Brett and Milly:
Uncle Jared, Kendra, Spencer and Peyton. (We were sad that Aunt Tanya could not be there.)
Of Course- Grandpa!
Here is my Eagle Scout and Future Eagle Scout:
We are so proud of Trenton:
Here is Trenton and his friend Mitch folding his flag.
Trenton will always treasure the flag flown over the Capitol on the day of his Court of Honor:
Trenton - We can never tell you how proud we are to call you are son. You are the most incredible young man ever.
Dare to fly where Eagles fly.

4 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Great Job Trenton! What a wonderful accomplishment that is. Way to collect those glasses for your project. We wish we were there to celebrate. It looks like you are really loved and well supported! We think of you often and I'm proud to call you my nephew.

The Dell Family said...

Where's the EAGLE I heard so much about?

Brett said...

It was great to be there! Congrats Trent!

andrew's mom said...

Yay Trenton! Kristie I miss seeing you and your wonderful children at Mountain View. Come visit us sometime!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online