I love to celebrate Chinese New Year and have for many years. It is so much fun to learn about the different cultures around the world. My kids love to talk about the what year they were born in and the different characteristics about the animal. This is the year of the Rabbit (Tanya's year- good thing are coming to her) I also love to make tons of yummy food. I know that it is a ton of work and some people think it would be easier to buy it, but I love to make it. First of all, it is healthier I control the ingredients and I put tons more vegetables in the fried rice and lo mien noodles. And second- I just love to fix it. So, next year I will be cooking it all up again. This year we had the party at Tanya's house (we were hoping our cousin could make it)
I am thankful for my husband. He always helps me put everything together. At the Chinese New Year he fries up the egg rolls for me. I am grateful for this because I hate working with the hot oil. Thanks Bryce- you are the best. Tanya and Jared were making my Lo Mien recipe. The did such a great job.

Here is Danell making crab won tons. So yummy!

Here are the kids getting ready to eat. They made all the cute lanterns. The signs by the windows and doors are wishes in Chinese.

Then it was Valentine's Day. Kylee helped me make and decorate 72 cupcakes. We made the batter different colors so the cupcakes had pink, white and red sections. We then made red hearts out chocolate and stuck them on top. We made enough for the Young Women (I am the Laurel Advisor) the Young Men (Bryce is the president) of our church and the families that Bryce Hometeaches and some neighbors. This is what was left:

We had a yummy fondue. It is such a fun tradition that my family loves. I know that me kids will always remember the fun times we have.

This winter we have not gotten much snow, but we have been so cold. I love winter when it SNOWS not just the coldness. The last few days have been beautiful. The weather has been in the high 50s and even one day at 60. So my kids took advantage of the beautiful days by playing outside. But, as I am typing this the winds are picking up and we will be getting some snow. I am hoping for a lot. I want to go sledding. We have only been once this winter, because of lack of snow! Tanya has received a lot more snow then me.
2 comments:
Chinese New Year was a lot of fun. Thanks for all you hard work with it. My kids love it just as much as I do.
I love and miss not coming to your parties. Being the Laurels advisor must be a fun switch for you. IF I remember right you have been in primary and other auxiliaries for a long time. I bet Kylee likes you being in there too since she is new to YW's. Yesterday is was 60 degrees over here. I couldn't believe it. It was so nice so I had to take the kids to the park. They acted like they haven't been to one for years. I guess this is the first winter that we had to stay in since Vegas never got that cold.
Post a Comment