I still cannot believe that Kylee is in Young Womens. She is growing into such a beautiful (both inside and outside) young women. I got called to the young womens and I am so excited to have so much fun with Kylee. Kylee loves working on her Personal Progress.
This year when I asked Kylee asked if I would make her a costume Dorothy costume for Halloween. It kind of shocked me because she has never shown any interest in the Wizard of Oz. The day after I finished the costume, the young womens president asked Kylee if she could play Dorothy in the YW in Excellence play. Kylee told her that she already had a costume. The president told her she must have been divinely inspired. It was such a cute play that our president wrote. Dorothy finds herself not knowing who she is and trying to figure where she is headed.
As she heads out she meets the Wicked Witch her directs her to the wonderful Emerald City that is filled with lots of worldly stuff. To help her get there she gives her a cell phone so she can waste plenty of time.
She then meets her Beehive Advisor who gives her a personal progress book and explains it will lead her to the temple.
Along the way, Dorothy meets the scarecrow, lion and tin man. They learn the importance of personal progress and setting goals and always have your eye on the Temple. Dorothy learned that her value is far above Rubies and Emeralds.
The project Kylee showed was her cookbook that she did for Good Works. As she told what she learned I started crying, because it was so beautiful. She basically said she learned so much on service by watching her family especially her mother. I learned that being a mother is service. There is nothing about moms that is not service. I am so glad for all the good works that my mom shows.
1 comment:
Kylee you are too cute! I love your recipe book!
Post a Comment