We had such a fun and crazy summer. I planned to blogged more but never got around to it. I was having fun playing. But, I had guilt that I never blogged it so here it is a long wrap-up.
Colorado:
I love to visit my dad in Colorado. We always have a blast. Here are some of the highlights:
We went crawdad fishing. It was so fun to watch the crawdads snap at the bait. Everyone had fun catching them.
Grandpa is Trenton's hero in life. He is such an important part of Trenton's life.
Here is one that I love too for the same reason. (This is at the Hogle Zoo) I always love to watch my kids with their grandpa - it is such a beautiful thing!
This was a fun picture. It was raining and my kids were trying to get the Grandpa out in the rain. All three of them (you can only see a piece of Trenton's leg) are pushing him and he is pushing back- Guess who is winning?(They started almost by the edge of the porch) My dad is still my superhero!
My kids loved playing out in the rain, Grandpa did join them for a while!
While in Colorado we also went to the Natural History Museum with Aunt Amy and her kids. Here is Darcy and Kylee conducting experiments. It is fun for me to see my kids play with their cousins. I only had 4 myself growing up and they are all at least 16 years older than me, so this cousin thing is new and I am glad my kids have great ones.
We also went to Casa Bonita. My kids love going there. It is always a fun treat.

We also try to get a lot of work done for Grandpa. Here is Trenton topping off a tree:
And this is his uncle squirting him with his water blaster - you have to love my big brother:
But, it finally got done:
My brother put in new floors at my dad's house. (I am sorry that I did not take a picture because the look great!) The dining room was all tore up so I decided to totally wash the china and cabinet. It was one of the neatest thing. I have washed it so many times over the years but this time by myself was something spiritual. I know that sounds crazy but I teared up and totally felt my mom. I remember all the meals that we shared as a family with those dishes. I remembered all the things that I was grateful for. I am so glad that I got to wash all those dishes. I was reminded of the story of the women, in Kirkland, giving their china dishes to broken up and mixed in plaster. It helped hold it together place made the temple sparkle in the light. I love those dishes and would have had a hard time giving them up.
The BIG Project:
I have been trying for years to talk my dad into painting the house. He was worried that someone would get hurt painting this side of the house. Bryce and Trenton worked so hard and all day painting that side but it looks great!
Dad and I worked so hard on the deck:
Here is Trenton on the high wall:
Wayne did a great job above the garage.
But here is the hardest worker of them all:
Kylee did a great job of cleaning paint off the windows. She also was patient at touching them up:
Marilyn and Kylee did a great job on the garage doors:
Not the best after picture ( I sent Trenton to take them while I fixed dinner) but the house looks great!
Utah
Everyone loved to go fishing. I love this picture of me trying to help one of my cutest little nephews to fish. I love to just sit and listen to them talk. He was our miracle of the trip. I am so grateful for that tender mercy from the Lord.
All the kids had fun playing together. (Andrea we really missed you! We also missed my big boys. Trenton and Bryce were on the 50 mile hike)
This was my favorite thing of the trip. Dad and I drove down to let Danell and Adrian out of the gate so they could get Caders to the doctors. There was some confusion on whether we were suppose to come back. Anyway we were stopped at the side of the road for a long time with some bored kids. This is where my Dad earns his best Grandpa award. He took over to entertain the kids with a series of contests. First it was see who could hit this tree or that rock with the kids. He was so cute to celebrate them all. He also took them on a little hike. Here he drew a circle in the dirt. You had three rocks to throw to try to make it in the circle. I am sorry for those up at the camp did not get to witness these fun bonding time with Grandpa.
When we were in Colorado Bryce (He is our ward's Young Men President) was preparing the Young Men for the 50 mile hike. He took them on several smaller hikes, so when we came back he took us on his favorite one. A hike up Adams Canyon. It was a fun hike but the end was the best.
Here is what is in store for you when you make it up to the top:
So beautiful!!!
We did some of the summer closer to home. Casandra and Danell planned a great reunion. It was a lot of fun. Thank you both so much for the effort and work you put into it.
I took the kids to the county fair one afternoon. I love the fair. Here are the kids in front of Casan and Brett's prize winning chickens:
Here is Cody living the dream:
Trenton thought it was pretty cool too:
Kylee was not too sure of it:
If you are asking yes I did hold it too. But the worker thought it would funny to give me the most active one. Here it is trying to crawl off my hands. I was okay with it till it turned around and crawled half way up my arm.
They gave us hand stamps as a badge of honr. Believe me I wore mine proudly. I deserved that. We also all held snakes and scorpions. The scorpions were really cool looking, but I did not post the pictures because I did not want to give my cute nephews Cal and Cade any ideas since they live they live where there are scorpions, and they try to catch everything as it is. Danell has had to had lots of lessons on not to touch or try to catch scorpions. So I guess I am showing them they can pick up big old spiders instead!
Well that is in a nutshell the wrap-up to my summer. My kids had a blast, but think next year we need to top it. I am always game for a good time. We would love to do fun things with everyone so get to thinking adn let us plan it!
4 comments:
Love the picture of Sugar and Smokey.
You guys always have so much fun! I miss seeing you at Mountain View. Give Kylee hugs for me.
Glad that you had a great summer with Grandpa. He sure likes hanging out with you guys. That is great. I love how you didn't want to give any ideas to Cal and Cade. You will have to take me on that hike next year of the one with the water fall at the end. That looks really fun. I want to go there. So we will plan that for next year.
So Fun! So how did the crawdads taste? Yeh thanks for teaching my children that it is ok to hold a big spider! All of the teaching them to run and tell mom or dad if they see a spider, snake, or scorpion down the drain! Ha ha, thanks for not posting the scorpions! I can't believed you all held them, it gives me the hebejeebies just looking at the pictures!
Post a Comment