Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter 2010


Now if you know Cody, you know that he loves his Mr Potato Head Collection. He has Darth Tater, Spud Trooper, R2D2 tater, Indiana Jones, Santa Spud, Halloween ones and so on. Anyway he was upset because I missed the Valentine's one. I planned on getting it after the Holiday but they were sold out before Valentine's Day. So, when I saw this I bought it at full price. I know it goes against everything I stand for to pay full price! Anyway I walked into the front room and saw this: I thought to myself, "What the heck? Is Mr Potato Head terrorizing my Easter Village?"

Then the next day my suspensions were confirmed as I watched Cody playing.

Here is Mr Potato Head eating the little bunnies.
Gotta to love that funny boy.
Kylee and I saw this wreath on TV and she wanted to do it. So we went to the Dollar Store and they picked out everything. It was fun watching them work together.
They were so proud of their wreath.
Here it is hanging on my wreath holder. This is something that I will always cherish.
I love it!
Easter at Uncle Jerry and Aunt Laura's house
My kids all love coloring eggs. They had some fun creations.
HUGE EGG HUNT
My uncle and aunt have 3 acres of land and the Easter Bunny used all of it to his over 120 eggs. Now I love my children and they are good at a lot of things--Egg Hunts are not one of them! Most people would clear one area but not my children. They were running back and forth and back and forth. It was so funny to see them out of breath running. They other thing is that they miss so many eggs in plain sight. I am just so glad that I put the telephoto lens on or I would have gotten no pictures.
Here is Cody running for the next egg.
Trenton out by the pigeon loft.
Kylee out by the silo.
Cody finding eggs by the wagon.
Trenton picks up the egg the crow laid.

Run Kylee!
Kylee and Trenton race to get the next egg.
Cody and Trenton fight over this egg.
THE LAST EGG
Here are the kids looking for the last egg. It is in the bush by Cody.
Cody spent several minutes within 5 feet of the egg.
Trenton was over there twice for at least several minutes.

But Trenton FINALLY found the egg!
It was such a fun Easter Egg Hunt.
All of this is really fun, but it is not what Easter is about. Each night the week before Easter for our scripture study we studied Christ's last week on that day. It was so fun now that the my children are getting older because we can really study and dive deeper into the scriptures. We had the best conversations every night. We were all assigned to study up on different things - we talked about the Passover's history and Moses, a brief history of the Jews, Passover Dinner, the parables Christ taught during this week, the cleansing of the temple, and so on. The kids loved being the "expert" on their assigned topics. It was amazing to see what my children taught us on their assigned topics. We finished it up with over a 3 hour discussion on the car. We also watched the Church's video. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful children. I think that all of us gained more of a deeper appreciation and stronger testimony of the Atonement and Resurrection. I am so blessed!

3 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a fun time and the kids defiantly got their exercise that day. Sounds like they ran a marathon. I bet Aunt Laura & Uncle Jerry loved you guys being there!

Adrian and Danell said...

Looks like a fun hunt! I still can't believe how many eggs you had! Cody and his potato heads are so funny! Oh and your wreath looks great!

Brett said...

Poor Bunnies, at least it wasn't eating chicks...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online