Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Halloween

My kids look so cute!
This was a hard year for me. For the first time one of my babies was not spending Halloween with me. He did dress up for a little bit to make me happy and then he went to the Utah Game. (I know he is a BYU fan, but he loves to go to football games) He dressed up so that I would give him candy. I think it was hard for him too. Anyway here he is dressed up like HARRY POTTER.

Kylee looks so cute. You should have seen all the poses! She so wanted to be a Fifties Girl and have a poodle skirt. She has talked about it for awhile. It was fun letting her pick out colors. Well she was so happy with the Poodle Skirt, I decided that it would not be that hard to make her one for the stuffed wolf. She loves her wolf. She has never been attached to a doll or animal growing up. So when she grew attached to her wolf I thought I can do this for her while she was still little enough to love it. I took it while she was sleeping and started working in it. When she got up she was so upset when she could not find her wolf. When I gave it to her, she was so happy that she started crying. I thought to myself, "That was a lot of work and took most of the morning but it was so worth it. Now I can relax the rest of the day." Now did I mention that it was about 2pm. To be continued.........


Here is my cute Pirate Cody! He wanted to be a spider, but I said that 2 years was enough. Danell gave me a hard time and said that I should let him pick. I told him that it would be his choice, but I thought 2 years was enough. (I say this at the same time that Trenton was Harry Potter for how many years now?) When he decided to be a Pirate he got really excited and picked out all his stuff. His little sword was one of those glow in the dark. He thought that was so cool. He said to me on Halloween, "Mom, I am so glad you talked me out of being a spider." If you notice in the picture he too is holding a stuffed animal. Back to the story: It is 2pm on Halloween- I am thinking I get to relax for awhile. Then I hear my little baby say, "I wonder which stuffed animal of mine mom is going to take?" "What?! I cannot pull this off in time! Cody will understand" I am thinking. Cody then says, "Kylee we have the coolest mom ever! This is going to be the coolest Halloween ever." Well there went my relaxing afternoon! But at least my kids think I am the "Coolest Mom Ever!" And that is the most important thing in the world. Is there anything better than that.


Our ward had a Trunk or Treat as usually, but this year they had contest. Kylee and Cody drew out plans. They were so funny walking around the house "Oh that would look good!" "Where could we put that?" They worked very hard and won $15 to Blockbuster. They were so excited! Great Job Kids.
Here are Kylee and Cody trick-or-treating. Yes they carried their animals around all night. Bonus for them- Several people put in extra candy for them.

Here is everyone carving their pumpkins. This is always a fun time!
Here is the finished products. They looked great!
We had a great Halloween!

4 comments:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Your costumes turned out soooo cute. I love them. They all look so darling in them. I love your pumkins. Thanks for ours.

The Dell Family said...

Crap Kristie- Why do you have to raise the bar so crapping high-- I'm struggling to catch up to where the bar was before you did this. YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER. Making costumes and then to make one for their stuffed animals. I'll never let my kids see this post- so that way they can keep thinking I'm the best mom ever : )

Great Job Kylee & Cody on the Trunk Contest!

Adrian and Danell said...

Their costumes turned out so cute! I love the stuffed animals and your trunk as well! You are such a cute mom!

Brett said...

Everything turned out great. Look like a blast

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online