Monday, November 9, 2009

My Fun at the Zoo

WARNING
This is a long post. When I say long I mean long. SO, keep going if you want but do not say I didn't warn you. And just think of the hundreds of pictures that did not make it.
This late summer and fall I visited the zoo several times (I totally got my money's worth out of my pass) with my own wonderful children and Tanya, Danell and Andrea's wonderful children. Aunt Kiki (that's me) had a blast spending so much time with my super fantastic nieces and nephews. I always have a blast with my children. I hope everyone made memories that will last a long time, I know that I did so that is why this is such a long post.
Here I am with Alix, Addi, Emberlynn, Cal and Cade. Now I know none of them are looking at the camera but hey I look good! I have never gotten my picture on the rhino so I needed to be there too.
Here is Cal, Caders, Kendra and Spencer- so cute
I love this picture of my children! They have to be the cutest in the whole world!

Here is Spencer. If you make the picture bigger you may see his cute Rhino shirt! SO he had to get his picture taken by himself. He looks like he is ready for an adventure.
When Trenton was about 3 years old I took him to the zoo. We were looking at the baboons with their colorful noses when all of a sudden it turned around. Trenton looked at its colorful butt and said "Look it is a Fancy-Butt Monkey" All day he wanted to go back and look at the "Fancy-Butt Monkey" I did have Trenton facing the other way (so you could see the fancy butt), but he would let me put that picture in.

Kylee was so excited when we were taking a hot chocolate break the wolf came by. This is her favorite animal and is disappointed most times because we do not get to see it. But not this time, he was running and jumping all around. Kylee could not have been happier!

Cody loves the snake and reptile house. I bought him this shirt over the summer and it is his very favorite shirt ever! He says the snakes really liked this shirt.
Kendra was so excited when the put up more pictures (it used to be just the Adult Male). She said "Just a little taller and I will look like an real ape" I hope not. I also learned that Kendra loves the apes. It is always so much fun for me to learn more about my nieces.

I love this picture of Spencer. We were all looking at the rhinos when Spencer grabs my hand and takes me here and says "Take my picture. I look like a real adventure guy." Well Spencer you do really look like an adventure guy.
Everytime Cal comes to the zoo he likes to sit in the big gorilla's lap. I know it is just because it reminds him of his mom. (For any one who does not know this story- I used to tell my little sister Danell that my mom and dad were on an African Safari. While they were there someone shot a mother gorilla. My parents felt so bad for the little baby that they took it home and had the doctors try to make it look like it was a little girl. And that little baby gorilla was her. I really was a good big sister) Just Kidding Danell I love you! Cal loves the zoo. He is so excited to get to the next animal. It is fun to TRY to keep up with him.
You may not be able to see it clearly, but there is a tiger pacing back and forth. Caders loved this tiger and watched it for 15 mins. Oh he threw a fit when it was time to leave. He really loved the tiger. Anyway, I called his name and was able to snap his cute smile in the second that he turned around. He loved to growl at the tiger. On a different trip with him the tiger growled and Cade thought that was the coolest thing.
I love this picture of Spencer and Cade. Spencer is going to be a great big brother.
Oh no Alix the lion is going to eat you. I loved going to the zoo with Alix. When I go with my children we all try to make sure we learn some new facts about animals. Anyway the whole way through Alix would ask me questions about where the animals lived, what they ate and so on. I loved that! Alix come back with me anytime. I also loved seeing her crazy side- check out her face in all the pictures - she would crack me up.
I love Addi's coat and so did she especially her pockets. Her hands never left them. Addi is at such a fun age. I loved watching her face. You could just see the joy in face as she watched the monkeys jump around, the bears play, the penguins swim and so on. She is so cute- just look at that face.
Emberlynn is a darling little girl. It was fun to take her to the zoo for the first time (I think)

Andrea always has to get in everything. She is a big kid! But I love little Addi's face.
I love this picture of Tanya. My children love their Aunt Tanya because she is not ever afraid to totally goof around or does she care what people think (if you don't believe me ask to see her rock star pictures from Ky's party). But in this picture she is just relaxed and it reminds me that Tanya is such a loving aunt too.
Now check out all the Baby Animals:


Here is the three baby tiger cubs. They are so cute playing around. I was with my children and we watched them forever!
I love this picture. Just look how cute that cub is.
Okay we all know there was going to be a picture of the penguins because it is my blog. But I also posted this because of Spencer. When I took them over the summer Spencer was in swim lessons. We were all watching the penguins dive and swim and all of a sudden Spencer says, "Look Kiki that on is practicing his side breathing!" (See the one on it's side.) I loved it.

Here is the cute baby giraffe. We were watching the news and they announced the a baby giraffe had been born. Cody was so excited. They went on to say that giraffes grow an inch everyday the first two weeks of life. Cody wanted to get down to the zoo right away and was disappointed that it was 6 inches taller. When Cal saw it I said to him, "Look at the baby giraffe." Cal looked around the baby was the only one outside and said "Where" "Cal right there" He looked at the 6 1/2 foot tall giraffe and said "That is not a baby Kiki- babies are little." So we had to wait for the mom to finally come out before he would believe me.
This baby elephant - Zuri is the biggest thing for the Hogle Zoo. Every time I have been there I have talked to someone who came from out of state to see it. And they should - my pictures will never to it justice. It is the cutest!
Zuri with her mother Christie.
This picture also has a funny Spencer story. When he went with my kids this monkey was "singing" and swinging around. Spencer called it the singing monkey. When he went with Cal and Cade the monkey was not making a noise - so Spencer says, "Sing for me Singing Monkey!" And the monkey did. Then a few weeks later I took Alix and Addi and the monkey did not sing, then when I took my children same thing. I even said "Sing for me Singing Monkey." Nothing! I called Spencer up and told him that - he answered matter of factly, "I guess it only likes me." So you better take Spencer if you want to hear it sing.
Yes I even took my wonderful husband. He is always so great with me going and having fun with everyone. He works so hard. I love these men so much who work so hard so that I and my sisters and my mother can stay home. I know that growing up I loved always having mom there - so thank you dad! And now I love being there always so my kids - so thank you Bryce.

Here is Alix's crazy side, but I love little Cal. He loves this tiger statue.
Here we are checking out the 6 day old giraffe. Sorry Cody, I did not get you here any sooner!

Everyone loved the baby Elephant. Caders got upset when I tried to turn his stroller. He loves to watch the animals!
Here we are getting ready to go on the Zoo Train. Thanks Tanya for the tickets!

Here are my little monkeys!
Watching the Penguins. I must say everytime we came they gave us a show, with their waddling and diving and swimming. But what can you expect from the COOLEST animals on the PLANET!
WHAT IS WITH THIS RATTLESNAKE?

Cody loves this huge diamond back rattle snake. He can watch it forever! I really mean forever!
But who know that Cade would love it so much?

And who know Addi would too?

What is with that snake?
Now I decided to treat everyone to ride on the Conservation Carousel


It is so fun and the children all get so excited.
Here is my big kid and he finds the littlest thing to get on. No he really loves the Bald Eagle. (Side Note - He is working so hard on his Eagle- hopefully in the spring!)

What else would Kylee pick?
Usually Cody rides on the snake, but this time he wanted to switch it up with one of his other favorite animals. He loved watching the baby tigers play.
Kendra did not ride on the gorilla because someone had taken it. I told her we would wait but she said she wanted to ride by Cody anyway. So I took her picture on it.

I love Spencer's face! He is really excited!
Here are best friends Kendra and Cody. Cody is on his snakes!
Now I did not see this one coming. We had Cal watch as it went around so he could pick out what he wanted to ride on. "The Peacock" Cal that one does not go up and down. "I want to ride the Peacock." But he sure looks happy on his peacock.

Caders wanted the tiger. That is one he went to. He was a little unsure at first but ended up loving it.
Alix - you need to be in a parade. I love her wave. I love the polar bear!
Addi wanted to ride on "Lion King"
Emberlynn did not get a choice - Andrea wanted to ride on her favorite animal.
Come on - what else was I going to pick. All the kids know that I love the Penguins!
Thanks for all the memories! We will have to do it agian!
NOW DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!

3 comments:

Adrian and Danell said...

You are such a good Aunt, no wonder my boys love and talk about you all the time! What fun times at the zoo that you were able to see so much of the animals preform instead of just sleeping! Thanks for all you do for us!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

That is awesome. Lots of really fun pictures. You are so awesome to take them all to the zoo. My kids had so much fun. I didn't know about Spencer thinking he was such the adventure guy. That made me laugh.

The Dell Family said...

I can't believe I read all that! That was a darling face. Spencer crakes me up you got some good stories and pictures of him. It's great to have that all written down because we always think we will never forget any of them but we do. My kids and I had a blast there. Thank you for taking us you;re the best.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online