Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day

It was a fun Pioneer Day. I am usually in Colorado for Pioneer Day, so I was excited to be in Utah. My sister always takes her kids to the Days of 47 parade. I hate to admit that my kids have been to only a few parades- Bryce does not like them. I hate the heat but I decided that I have to go to at least one. So I met Tanya down there and I had the time of my life. We found a great spot in the SHADE at the beginning of the route. Thanks Tanya for inspiring me to be a better mom.We loved seeing Henry B Eyring in the parade.
Before the Parade Tanya, Kylee and I played games to pass the time.
Kendra, Cody and Spencer played around and slid down the hill. Sorry for everyone sitting by us. I know they were crazy.
Kylee was not excited to go to the parade because the only parades she had been to were so lame- Trucks with people advertising their businesses. But once it started she loved it and asked why I have never taken them before. (I know I am a lousy mom sometimes)
I loved this Float. The theme of the parade was "Catch the Vision" This float was "Visions of Liberty" The biggest figure was Captain Moroni praying with the "Title of Liberty" In the back was the signers of the Declaration of Independence and so much more. It showed so many things that we have to be grateful for.
Another fun float with fun dancing from pioneer times, the twenties and the fifties.

The Fry Sauce was part of the Catch of Visions of Utah Inventions. I thought it was funny. I remembered when I went to college at Dixie and everyone was eating Fry Sauce. What the heck is Fry Sauce?
After the parade we went to the Gateway to let the kids cool down.
Kylee had to help Kendra get wet!
Tanya always has to join in the fun. She is a big kid at heart. This is one of the reasons that she is such a great mom and aunt.
The kids loved it! It was a great way to cool off!
We had a great time. Thanks Tanya, Kendra and Spencer we had a great time.

4 comments:

The Dell Family said...

Okay don't look at my float on my blog. It's not that cool!!!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

We had a GREAT time as well. Thanks for coming down and thanks for finding that spot. Usually I am not a huge fan of the parade because it is so hot but this one was the best I have been to.

Adrian and Danell said...

Glad you guys had a great time! We don't do many parades either, Adrian is like Bryce, not a big parade goer.

andrew's mom said...

You are my hero mom-the mom I want to be when I grow up! Don't EVER call yourself lousy again or I will hunt you down. Looks like you had a great time. Give Kylee a hug from me and see you when school starts!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online