Saturday, December 6, 2008

A visit with Santa and Dasher

Thursday afternoon my sweet brother-in-law Brett called to tell me he found out a local nursery was having a visit from Santa and a couple of his reindeer. So, I decided to go(Bryce was in class we missed him) The kids loved visting with Santa. They got to make a pinecone birdfeeder. We are going to hang them up today so we can watch any birds.







But the funniest thing was taken a wagon ride while singing Christamas carols through all the trees in the nursery over to where the reindeer were. We ended up going twice because the kids had so much fun!



Everyone really enjoyed visiting with Dasher and Blitzen but most Dasher because he is Cody's adopted reindeer. If you do not know the story, when Cody was 4 the only thing he wanted for Christmas was a real live Santa's reindeer- Dasher to be exact. He said he would feed it and love it and Santa could borrow him every Christmas Eve. This is all he talked about. Santa brought Cody a really cute stuffed animal reindeer with a letter explaining that the reindeer need the magic of the north pole to live. He also sent him a adoption certificate of Dasher and a couple of pictures of him too.



The stuffed reindeer had a couple of bells from Dasher's harness. When Cody rings the bells, Dasher knows Cody is thinking of him. Cody still loves Dasher and gets updates every Christmas. When we walked over the the reindeer. Dasher saw Cody and came over. He never left us. The second time we went on the wagon ride it happened again. The driver noticed it and told us that he had not seen the reindeer take such an interest in anyone. Well Cody knows why and he cannot wait to have Dasher land on his roof this year.
Thanks again Uncle Brett for the call! We loved it!



4 comments:

The Dell Family said...

I love that story. I'm not sure if I remember that story. My girls would have loved being there. Hope there will be lots more fun when we arrive:)

Adrian and Danell said...

Oh that looks so fun! I totally remember Cody and Dasher, that is so fun. That is really neat that he came over to see him!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

That is so cute. I love it. I forgot about that, but a lot of it comes back to me now.

Brett said...

Wish we could have gone

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online