"The Mountain shows no mercy. There is no room for wimps on the mountain. You got to suck it up because there is no 7-11 around the bend. I am taking you up as boys and bringing you back as men. Men, I will bring you back better men."
Then the 5 hour hike started!
Taking a well deserved break.
Dad you are looking great!
The camp was way at the top of this cliff. That is a hike just getting to camp every day! Well Thursday night it started raining at Grandpa's house hard. I watched the news and they said it was raining in the high country and it was going to start snowing. I thought to myself, "Oh No! I hope they have a good night." That night it started to rain and the water poured into the tent, soaking Grandpa and his sleeping bag. Wayne got up at 3:oo and made a fire so Grandpa could dry out and warm up. All the noise woke Bryce up and he was wondering what was going on, but he stayed his nice dry sleeping bag. (He does feel bad, but he knew Wayne had it all under control.) Grandpa got everyone up at 6:00am and told them to pack up. No breakfast, nothing they were getting out of there.
As Mom would say"The Men are coming the Men are coming!" (One time we were at the farm and Dad, Wayne and Uncle Arnold were out doing work. They started down the driveway after being gone for a few hours. Mom was doing the dishes and saw them coming- she started dancing and cheering - The men are coming the men are coming. I always teased mom. She acted like she was back in pioneer days and the men had been gone for months.)
I am so glad that my boys got to do this with Dad. I am also glad the Wayne and Dillon were able to come. I know that memories were made that will last a lifetime.
On a side note- I was not on the trip so therefore there were not a lot of pictures taken. I would have taken tons more pictures. Bryce is not the shutterbug that I am. Next time I told him that he will take more pictures.
3 comments:
That is so fun that they could go. You are right, they will remember that for a long time. Too bad that they had such cold weather. Hey, this way it will even make it a harder trip to forget. The pictures look great. So beautiful.
Bryce did a great job taking the pictures for you. You trained him well. It's so beautiful up there. Wow!
Great pictures! Too bad they got rained out. What great memories your boys will have!
Post a Comment