Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas at Temple Square

We love to go to Temple Square and see the beautiful lights. This year we went with Grandpa, Casandra, Brett, Tanya, Jared, Kendra and Spencer. It was a fun night. We all ate at the Nauvoo Cafe and then went to see the Lights. Nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit and warms my heart like walking through Temple Square. The life size nativity is one of our favorites. At the end of the Christmas Story, President Hinckley talks about Jesus and bears his testimony of the Savior. When he started speaking I leaned over to Cody and asked if he knew who was speaking. He answered, "President Hinckley," then he looked at me and said, "How come he knows so much about Jesus' birth? Was he there?" I laughed and said no and was about to explain that he has read the scriptures a lot when Cody shot back, "Well he is old enough to have been there." I am glad that we live so close to Temple Square so I can take my family there every year.

2 comments:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I forgot about Cody saying that. That was so funny. I agree, looking at the lights does put you in the Christmas spirit.

The Dell Family said...

So CUTE of Cody. i get so jealous of seeing these pictures & everyone. That used to be me. Oh well I love all the things that Vegas has to offer me. Love your blog now I just need to get back to mine.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online